I finally got around to share my stationery haul from my trip in KL! I’ll do my best in describing and showing what I bought. So here goes!
- Rhodia Dot Pad (A4 size)
- Brause Nib 361 Steno (a.k.a Blue Pumpkin)
- Walnut Ink in Brown (40ml)
- Speedball Oblique Pen Nib Holder
- Post-it Note: Cat & Sushi
- Pilot Fude-Makase Brush Pen in Black (Extra Fine)
- Finetec Pearl Colours in Bronze
- Grid pad (A6 size)
- 0.5 tip gel pen (Black)
From Popular Bookstore
When I saw a few instagrammers using this, I knew i just HAD to get it too! I wish I could have all the colours but that impossible for my purse. And I really wanted to orange capped one but they didn’t have it 😦 So I settled for this pastel purple one which is a tight contender as well!
- Pilot Kakuno with Medium size tip (comes with blue ink)
- Mossery Pocket Notebook (Plain paper; 9 x 14cm; Biscuit Blue)
- Rhodia Dot Pad (8.5 x 12.0 cm)
- Pentel Touch Brush Sign Pen (Black, Gray, Green, Orange, Red, Blue)
- Masking Tape (I think it’s Plum?)
- Finetec Pearl Colours in Moon Gold
Here are the swatches from the pens, ink and paint. I didn’t want to open the Pilot Kakuno yet so there isn’t a swatch of it here, hehe.
I really like the Pentel brush pen because of the tip. It doesn’t fray because it isn’t a typical hair brush. I don’t know the exact material so here’s my interpretation of it: a dense but flexible sponge, like makeup sponges. Incredibly versatile and fits nicely in your hands.
As for the Pilot, I don’t know if I got a slightly faulty one because the tip was kind of bent after I got it. It wasn’t bent like paper but bent like a used brush, perhaps. This brush is for smaller and detailed work since the tip is extra fine.
The ink and finetec was written with the oblique pen and blue pumpkin and I must say that it’s a wonderful nib to use! It’s flexible enough for the wrist to be more relaxed but firm enough to control the lines. The oblique pen helps eases cramps as well because of the angle at which the nib is supposed to be placed. And you get a clearer view of your work without your hand in the way. A wise investment!